16 Oct Family lawyers protect your rights!
Your family is one of the most important parts of your life and it is a system that you can always count on to help you and heal you. It is your main support group and will always be there when you need them. Sometimes, certain situations arise that need a third-party legal involvement to help you deal with them so that you can regain the semblance of your normal family again. This is where family law in Perth comes into the picture as it is the legal practice that focuses on the vast area of family relationships such as divorce and adoption among other things. Attorneys that practice this kind of law will be able to represent you in court proceedings and will also handle any legal documents that need to be drawn for specific cases. They can either work in small or large firms and some even have solo practices. Some people have trusted family lawyers that may also work for the next generation and are the ones that you can call without a second thought when you are in need of their services. Here are the things that are dealt with by such lawyers:
- Divorce is the procedure through which the contract of marriage is broken as you need court papers in order to finish this legal relationship. Rules of divorce vary in different places and while one may allow a no-fault divorce, some also have a requirement of a certain period of separation. The assets are mostly equally divided between both parties involved but that may not always be the case at the end of the trial as certain things are taken into consideration by the court such as the needs of each party and even misconduct such as abuse or infidelity can sway the division of assets. Divorce cases are presented in the state court and you have the chance of reaching a solution before the whole things goes to trial. During this process, alimony and spousal support also has to be decided upon and also look at the prenuptial agreement which is a contract that people sign before the marriage that states what each party will receive in the case of divorcee.
- Child custody is another aspect of family law and is one of the most contested areas as it is difficult to determine which parent receives it or how to split it between both of them. The decision is based upon the best interest of the child and things such as who has a greater bond with the child and if any parent has a criminal or abuse record. If the parents don’t reach a solution then a family lawyer will provide evidence in court including school records and various testimonies.
- Adoption can be a complex and drawn out process that includes a lot of obstacles as well. A family lawyer can help you here by presenting a comprehensive case while underling your credentials and proving that adoption is indeed in the best interest of your family.
- Child support is a right of every child and the main aim is to provide proper resources for children that are living separately from one parent.
- A sensitive topic handle by lawyers is abuse and neglect proceedings which include getting a child out of a neglected household into one that actually cares for them. The lawyer can either be on the side of the child or the parent who is accused of neglect and abuse.
Hiring an experienced family lawyer is always in your best interest as they will have an intricate understanding of family law and will be able to find ways to forward your case effectively. They have a vast knowledge about procedural issues and make sure that you have the proper documents so that your case does not get thrown out. They have an impartial view of the case as they are considered as a third party in the case and are able to leave the emotional stress out of the situation making way for a fairer and level headed approach. In cases like divorce and child custody, the stress levels are higher and family lawyers can provide you with moral support to help you get through the whole thing.